Igbinedion University Bursary Department is responsible for handling all financial transactions of the University ensuring that the University’s financial position remains healthy and sustainable.
These responsibilities include;
- Collection of all school fees, sundry charges and internally generated revenues accruable to the University
- The Department is also responsible for accounting for all assets and liabilities of the University inclusive of bank balances, receivables and payables.
The sections under the Bursary Department are;
- The Payroll Section, the Final Accounts Section, the Central Stores and the Student Accounts Section
- These sections are housed on the ground floor of the Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Building (Old Administrative Building)
- The Student Accounts Section deals with all matters relating to school fees and sundry charges as it concerns every student in the University
- The Student Accounts Section is further segmented along college lines with each headed by a College Finance Officer (CFO).
- The CFO maintains the ledger/financial records for all students in the college showing; Balance B/F, Fees for Current Session, Rebates & Waivers, Payments Received and Balances C/F
- The CFO acknowledges all E-Transact/Interswitch slips printed after online and physical payment of fees by students
- Following from the above, ALL students are required to present these slips as evidence of payment made to their respective CFOs for update of their financial records
- The CFO generates the list of students qualified to write every semester examination
- The CFO issues financial clearance to students when and where the need arises
THE FEE STRUCTURE
- The fees payable by students in the University are broadly divided into two;
- Administrative Charges
b)Sundry Charges (Additional Fees)