Dr. Samuel Ehiremen Ibhanesebhor has been appointed a professor of Pediatrics in the School of Clinical Medicine, Igbinedion University Okada.
The Registrar of the institution who signed the letter says the appointment is with immediate effect.
Professor Ibhanesebhor had his Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the University of Benin.
Before his appointment, he was a Consultant Neonatologist and Head of Department, Neonatal Medicine and New Born Nursery, Royale Hayat Hospital, Kuwait.
According to report, Prof. Ibhanesebhor had a full registration of the General Medical Council of United Kingdom in 1996 and became UK’s Specialist registrar (Pediatrics) in 1999.
His postgraduate qualifications include:
- West African Postgraduate Medical College (1990)
Fellow of the West African College of Physicians, faculty of Pediatrics
- National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria (FMCPEAD. Nig) 21st September 1991
Fellowship of the College of Physicians, Faculty of Pediatrics.
- Royal College of Pediatrics and Child Health, United Kingdom, (FRCPCH) 1st January 1994
- Royal College of Physicians of London, United Kingdom (DCH London) 5th December 1996
Diploma in Child Health
- Royal College of Physicians of the United Kingdom (MRCPUK) 7th April 1997
Membership of the Royal College of Physicians
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow (FRCP Glasgow) 2nd June 2003 Fellowship of the College of Physicians.