Chief Dr. (Mrs.) Nike Akande, CON attended the University of North London from 1965- 1968 where she obtained a B.Sc in Accounting. She did her postgraduate programme at the prestigious Harvard Business School, Boston, USA. She also attended a management development course at Oxford University, United Kingdom, and an Advanced Management Course at International Institute for Management Development in Lausanne, Switzerland and Insead Business School at Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirate.
* A two-time Minister of Industry of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
* Chairman of NEPAD Business Group Nigeria (new Partnership for Africa’s Development
* Director of PZ Cussons Foundation, 2008 to date.
* Group Chairman, Emerging Africa Capital Limited, September 2018 to date.
* Member of the Board of Governors, Pearl Awards Nigeria September 2018 to date.
* Member of the Board of Trustees of Edwin Clark University, Kiagbodo, Delta State.
* Honorary Consultant to Igbinedion University, Okada, Edo State.
* The First Female President of Harvard Business School Association of Nigeria, 2010 to 2012.
* Director of Union Bank of Nigeria Plc, 2008 to 2017.
* Chairman, Academy for Entrepreneurial Studies (AES) Excellence Club, 2010 to date.
* A member of the Africa Business Roundtable (ABR), 1997 to date.
She is a recipient of many Honours and Awards amongst which are:
* One of the Modern Warriors of Ibadanland, March 2020.
* Hallmarks of Labour Foundation Role Model Award for Outstanding contributions to Corporate Governance, 2018.
* National Honour of Commander of the Order of the Niger (CON), 2014.
* Africa Federation of Women Entrepreneur Award in Addis-Ababa Ethiopia, 1998.