DEPARTMENT: Environmental Engineering
AREA OF SPECIALIZATION: Crop Protection Equipment Development, Animal Feed Processing Equipment Development, Crop Production, Post-Harvest Loss Reduction
RESEARCH INTEREST: My research interest is in the area of mechanization of unit operations in agricultural value chains, and I have distinguished myself in this area by making so many ground-breaking indelible impacts both at local and international levels throughout my professional career life. Three pieces of Equipment developed by me are currently about to be patented.
AWARD AND HONOUR:
1. Recipient of Alpha Kappa Miew (AKM) Honours Award of the Florida A&M University. 1975.
2. Two-Time Outstanding Achievement Awardee of the Nigerian Student Union of South East California, U.S.A. 1976, 1978
3. Recipient of the Raw Materials Research and Development Council (RMRDC) grant for National Research work on ‘Production of Cassava Chips and Utilization of Peels as Energy Source in Animal Feed Production.’ 2005
4. Certificated Nominee, Marquis Who’s Who in Science and Engineering, (Eighth Edition). 2005-2006
5. Foundation Technical Secretary Award of the Nigerian Society of Engineers, Ogbomoso branch. 2016
AFFILIATION: Corporate Member, Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) Membership No: 02510 July 1987.
Corporate Member, Nigerian Institution of Agricultural Engineers (NIAE) Membership No: M153/1985 March 1985.
Member, American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineer (ASABE) Membership No: 0132636 December 1978. Member, Ghana Institution of Engineers (GhIe). July 2012.
GOOGLE SCHOLAR LINKS: https://scholar.google.com/citations?view_op=list_works&hl=en&hl=en&user=fsTgukUAAAAJ
A distinguished professor of Agricultural Engineering with several decades of teaching, research and community Service. I rose through the rank from Lecturer I to Professorship in Agricultural Engineering. I have supervised hundreds of Bachelor of Engineering Projects and more than twenty M. Eng. candidates in Mechanical and Agricultural Engineering with 2 ongoing PhD candidates in Agricultural Engineering. I have served meritoriously in the UN system. I was also the first Nigerian to be recruited to work as a United Nations Volunteer (UNV) in the same country. I have attended not less than 35 International and local conferences in all of which meaningful contributions including the presentation of papers were made. In addition, I am a registered Engineer with COREN, a member of the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE), Ghana Institution of Engineers (GhIE), Nigerian Institution of Agricultural Engineers (NIAE) and American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers(ASABE)