An alumnus of Edo College, Benin City (1965-1971), Gregory Utomwen Ogbeifun holds OND Marine Engineering from Riverdale College of Technology, Liverpool, England, British Department of Transportation (DOT), 2nd Class Marine Engineering Certificate from Liverpool Poly England, and British Department of Transportation (DOT) 1st Class Marine Engineering Certificate from Southshields College of Technology, England. An accomplished business mogul, Mr. Ogbeifun has numerous achievements, appointments and a rich work history. These include:
* Owner and operator of the oldest privately owned indigenous Ship Repair Yard in Nigeria.
* Commissioned “MV OSAYANMO” a purpose built ASD 5114 Model Vessel, the first of its kind and the largest in the Damen ASD Tug Range till date in 2018.
* Awarded “Manager of the Year” by the Europe Business Academy in 2016.
* Commissioned “MV OSAYAME” a newly built Azimuth stern drive Terminal Tug, the first Cabotage Compliant vessel for offshore services by an indigenous company in 2010.
* Member, Edo State COVID-19 Relief Fund Raising Committee, 2020.
* President, Shipowners Association of Nigeria (SOAN) 2015.
* Member, National Fleet Implementation Committee (Office of the Hon. Minister of Transportation) 2016. Engr. Greg U. Ogbeifun has been Managing Director/CEO Starzs Marine & Engineering Limited (Starzs Ship Ward) Onne Rivers State since 2000 till date; Chairman Eagle Watch Security Ltd 1999 till date, Chairman Starzs Investment Company Ltd from 1986 till date and holds Fellowships of several Professional Associations.